Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Intial Post

After two sessions in Educational Psychology 401 I feel that I have a deeper understanding of what the purpose of this class is. I think my personal goals for the course are somewhat corny but probably not uncommon. I really hope that through this class and other instruction I am able to learn more about how to be a better teacher. I don't necessarily just mean the information I know or the lesson plans I use, but also the techniques that work for connecting to my students. I also hope that I am able to be better at my job than I would be without the information in this course.

It is because of this that I wonder what specific psychological things help students to connect with me and retain knowledge that I attempt to teach them In addition to that I hope to find out what type of information I should be concerned getting my students to learn. I need to learn what is best to teach students that they can retain for long periods of time. It is one thing to teach my students information to pass a test, but to actually retain some information is a key goal. Other than these concerns I think I am just looking forward to learning so I move forward in this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment