Monday, February 18, 2013

Memory Processes

       When trying to imagine how the information I am learning about memory processes will help me to direct my teaching, two main things strike me. The first is the section on organization. This is because organization seems to fit well into  my field of history. Organization refers to making connections between new information and forming a cohesive structure. This would fit the teaching of history well because as the the teacher I could connect each new event to the last and attempt to add on to my student's knowledge rather than attempting to create new knowledge all together. The second of these things is the use of visual imagery. This refers to mental pictures that are formed to store information. I like this one as I believe that one thing that has helped me with education is attaching a mental image to it. Due to this, I believe I can help my students develop a good image to help them store the information.


No comments:

Post a Comment