Sunday, March 10, 2013

PLE Post #7

I observed a lesson that involved what the teacher explained to be choice boards. I would like to modify this type of project for my class. I could see using it for many units, but for the sake of this post, I am going to say i will use it for an American history class and the main ideas of reconstruction. I think it would be good to use this for reconstruction as many history lessons and classes gloss over reconstruction and focus on the civil war or jump all the way to World War I. My Choice board would have several didn't items ranging from guided practice to independent research. The reasoning behind having such a broad choice of activities is to provide for differentiation  in the lesson plan. Lower level students would do guided work like worksheets and using the book to answer questions. Average student could use projects that require outside research, while the highest level students might have to do research and open-ended questions to consider.

The skills that are involved in this lesson would be self-regulated learning. Students would be allowed to pick their assignments which they could pick based on interest. I could help guide them to the choices that would be best for them allowing me to have some say. The choices would be fairly relaxed in requirements, meaning that the choices would allow them to pick what type of sources they use. I would hope that they could explore their interests as it relates tt these topics so that they could learn what they want to about reconstruction while still allowing them to learn the required information. This articled guided me in thinking about this, especially pages 50-53.  
http://schoolwiresold.dentonisd.org/5222085105852403/lib/5222085105852403/diffedincludeall.pdf 

No comments:

Post a Comment