Thursday, April 25, 2013

Group Differences Forum

I think that this forum was a very valuable experience for students going into education as it gives the oppurtunity to look at our biases and misconceptions on equality. I really enjoyed hearing the insight my classmates had on these issues. Personally I did not participate much as I was intrigued by other's answers  and felt that my opinion, where I had one, had been expressed. I believe that this should be a type of assignment in many classes and should even be addresed in education with students. It is important that we see ourselves as different but equal and realize what we all have to offer.

If I had to change anything about this forum it would be to give it more time so that  the issues  that garner more excitement can be discussed more heavily. I also think this should not necessarily be an assignment as much as a regular format for class during certain classes. I bekieve that at this point in our education, most students have so much to offer that class should be more of a sharing of ideas rather than a lecture style class. Naturally from time to time lecture is needed as the teacher is more prepared to share the information, but often class discussion should be more idealized.

No comments:

Post a Comment